Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I apologize - another axle Q

on my loyale i cant get the spindle end of the axle to come back through the hub, the spacer in between the wheel bearings keeps moving around and appears to be restricting my pushing it in, i tried to pack some grease in there to hold it in place but the bugger keeps moving. Edrach's instructions say to put this end in first, but i was wondering if i could connect the DOJ first and then get the spindle end in as far as i can into the hub and use force against the hub with a hammer or something to get the axle to a point i can get the nut on ? suggestions? please dont tell me my wheel bearings are messed up, i dont need more to worry about...

I wouldn't attach the DOJ first since you can bung up the DOJ if you put too much force on it. Best suggestion I have is to remove the 4 studs on the hub and pull off the outer hub portion from the rotor; this will allow you to get in deeper into the hub and line up the spacer better. Good luck.

on my loyale i cant get the spindle end of the axle to come back through the hub, the spacer in between the wheel bearings keeps moving around and appears to be restricting my pushing it in, i tried to pack some grease in there to hold it in place but the bugger keeps moving. Edrach's instructions say to put this end in first, but i was wondering if i could connect the DOJ first and then get the spindle end in as far as i can into the hub and use force against the hub with a hammer or something to get the axle to a point i can get the nut on ? suggestions? please dont tell me my wheel bearings are messed up, i dont need more to worry about...