Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It Runs......................again!!!!!!

ballitch

moderators, please close the" EJ22 motor wont start" thread please, it is no longer needed for i got motor to run, and after all that effort and input from others, it was my dumb*** that was not thinking right. it was just a loose connection between the harness power wires and the connector, ya the crimp-on type, that was the culprit. ..........i know..........i know...........no need to say it.......i will get picks soon.

~Josh~

stock 4wd is fine, its just the pressure plate cant handle the power, should have gotten an XT6 pres. plate, might have to talk to John about that, the 4wd clutches are used in rx's so i was like ok it'll work for an EJ22..........i also thought that clutch slippage with anyhitng more than half throttle wouldnt be that bad, but it is very bad, cant even see how fast the car will go because of the pressure plate, if a legacy one will bolt up, i wonder the difference in thickness between EA pres. plate, and EJ pres. plate. hope it is near the same, what are my other option, would like to know, the fact that i cant really get on the throttle is really starting to drive me crazy, how am i going to smoke honduhs with a mom wagon in front of all their friends if i cant get the ponies ot the pavement? so anyone with some info about a different clutch/pres. plate setup please chime in and give me your two cents. thanks for all your guys' help.

~Josh~

hehehe.. thanks... my clutch is ptill pretty new, i had it custom ordered with a kevlar facing and a HD pressure plate so I'm covered. and i have an XT6 flywheel to put in too *evil grin*

i have so much to do though, i am so slammed with school.. i still have to make my adapter plate and buy a few more parts (new timing belt) and then not only do i have to adapt the wiring harness but i want to put in an analog dash and change the heater core while i have the dash torn up. i lucked out big time and got the FSM electrical sections for my original car and for my donor car on ebay.

oh yeah, and i'm ordering my lift kit this week too... i have gotten NOTHING done lately. argh.

i wish i lived closer to you man, i would wrench with ya and start tearing into that wiring harness, which btw, i would do first, i know, i know.........but if youre like me and can figure out mechanical crap out okay, then you should do the wiring first, if i could go back i would. I had everything done besides harness, and it made me kinda angry that the one thing i had no idea how to finish, was the only thing keeping my car from running. but when you hear that baby fire up for the first time, it is so awesome, and the torque, dont get me started on the torque. BTW, what pres. plate are you using, will an XT6 pres. plate bolt up to an EA82 flywheel? if it does, i found a website with an XT6 pres. plate for $100 w/o shipping, or i could just get myself one of the pres. plates your using. need to solve that clutch problem fairly soon.

hey thanks, i appreciate it. about the wiring... i've gotten to drive this car so LITTLE in the last couple of years that it just doesn't matter to me. and i've kind of planned to do the wiring last, although designing the wiring layout on paper can be done at my leisure as i have the books here. my workshop is in a secret mountain hideaway that takes about a half hour to get to, so i haven't been there much...