Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Do you sell an Engine with the Clutch ?

i bought my motor with nothing on the back of it, not like i needed the EJ clutch and pres. plate.........or did I? but as far as im concerned, you paid for the motor, not the clutch and pressure plate, the price should be prorated accordingly.

~Josh~

Sorry if this comes off as sounding greedy, but I wouldn't include any of the clutch components with the engine. To my knowledge, junkyards, rebuilders, and dealers generally don't include it with the engine. If they want that stuff, ask for an extra fifty bucks (my apologies for not being aware of the exchange rate to AU dollars). If I'm not mistaken, one of the purposes of selling things is to make money, and making money entails charging according to what you are selling.

Ditto on what Snowman said. I work for a salvage yard, and we NEVER include clutches and flywheels. A used clutch isn't worth jack... but a flywheel, we can get some money out of. Up to $350 for certain ones (dual-mass truck diesel flywheel, that is).

I have removed the clutch components, should I also remove the flywheel ?

That's the big cogged thingo isn't it ? (remember newbie here)

yes, you should remove it

yes, it is the big cogged thingo - I can't remember how many bolts hold it in - but they are all at the center of it

woo hoo - post 500

Definitely remove the flywheel. That can be worth some $$$.

not only that, but if you have to do a clutch, you can have the spare turned while your car is still operational, allowing a clutch change with limited downtime

spare parts are a GOOD thing :D