Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carpet replacement kits--which J.C. Whitney model?

I have looked for carpet replacement kits, but can't find any sellers. Does anyone know of a place that sells interior carpet sets for gen2 Brats in particular, and old subarus in general. I have found the seller's of newer ones, but they don't seem to carry older models. I am sure I am not the only person who needs a change of carpet.

I edited this to ask about which J.C. Whitney carpet set people are using since Subaru is not listed...

JC Whitney has them in several materials and colors. Around $100 last time I checked. If you can find a used one that isn't worn or damaged, it can probably cleaned up enough (or dyed) to look decent in your car.

Don't even bother with trying to cut out your own. Automotive carpets are molded to follow the contours of the floor pan, and standard carpeting just wont work - except in the cargo area.

good luck, John

standard carpeting is not necessarily easy to use, but I wouldn't say it can't be used, it takes some patience but it can be done . Lowes is a great source for carpet, they have automotive grade carpet in huge rolls and you can buy it buy the foot

I believe those carpets are made to order, from generic prototypes. Fabric and color choices are extensive, and applications for just about any vehicle ever made.

JC Whitney used to be the source for hot-rod, restoration, and customizing, and they still have pretty good connections. They can also special-order items that are not listed in their big catalog. I think they've fallen way behind the times with their internet business though.

good luck, John