Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey Zap here is the Lifted Leg

bajavwnsoobnut

That's sweet! Could you mail me bigger ones? Thanks.

EZ

:)

I'd really like to see how it's lifted.

Who said I like legacys? Why do they gotta be wussy? That 2.2 is no joke.

I'm betting that if I can get a 3 inch lift and a D/R in my OBS that it keep up offroad with a lifted ea81 or ea82. With only the Outback struts, it has as much travel as I ever got out of the 9 lifted hatchback/brats I've owned. Independent suspension is just that, so they'd be equal there. Neither will ever win a rock crawling championship. With fuel injection and twice as much torque, an impreza should be pretty formidable.

Why not have an offroad Soob that I can still get up to 90 going up hills?

Check out the picture, they're pretty close in size so the weight can't be too different. Can you see my point of view?

142wagons.jpg

Bad***!!!

I love it. And, as much as I love the EA82 cars... I do understand Zap on loving the EJ cars. More power, easier to maintain... and for the most part, it hasn't been done before, so you get to have fun reinventing the wheel all over again.

That's sweet! Could you mail me bigger ones? Thanks.

EZ

well I was scanning them from photos so I am limited in size also considering those are cropped due in part that this one:

lifted_legacy.jpg

had a thumb on the upper part of the pic and it was taken sideways but there is the larger version of that photo

and to let you guys know it was done with King Springs from Rallitek's consignment loft and Legacy Outback struts

to let you know ahead of time you will need alot of time to do the springs unless you have a 550 lb/ft impact wrench due in part that the kings are 2-3 times heavier springrate than the stock springs and also the rear struts are a pain to get in cause of the rear suspension is preloaded and we had to sacrifice the cars jack to stretch the susp. to get the bottom bolt in but other than that piece of cake and a bolt on to boot and it's right now an experiment cause of the outback shims are not in so we are hoping that there will not be any hyperextension of the cv's cause if that happens it is gettin the OB 1 inch shims for the sub frames and such

Edit: also forgot to mention 11 inches under the rear diff and like 14-16 for the bumpers :grin:

King Springs from Rallitek's consignment loft and Legacy Outback struts

What would one get with just the OB struts, or will that work?

Ballpark cost? My wife wan't her legacy raised to make it easier to get in and out (old back injury).

THANX, Smitty

well just the struts will give you 1 inch lift and the ability to fit larger tires onto the vehichle like say a 205/75 15 up to a 235/75 15 I think and he is running a 205 right now but there is plunty of room left to stuff more tire in but I would recommend the 205 personaly without springs

and might call your local auto parts store and see how much the struts for a 00 outback would run cause of the dealership ones are $$$ cause of being a 02 it isn't in the books yet and thanks to WJM for getting us a sweet deal on them it cost like 310 and change for them with shipping and the springs were 125 for the set thanks to Sean at rallitek for pointing out the ones they had on consignment but IIRC they are like 250-300 for new ones from austrailia their site is www.kingsprings.com if you want to look on there

Why not have an offroad Soob that I can still get up to 90 going up hills?

My 86 can do better than 90mph uphill with 29's:burnout:.

Nice looking car! all that snow on the background hills has me so jealous we haven't had a bad snow year like this in 15 years :(