Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Legacy Alloys on GL-10 Sedan

I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not the 1992 Legacy Turbo Alloys fit on a GL? I'm thinking about maybe getting something better then my wonderful Subaru Wheel caps, and I don't want something that weighs much more and costs a lot. Anyway I'm assuming they will, just wanted to make sure before I started dreaming.

Peace!

have you ever removed the GL wheel caps? if you didnt know... all the subarus pre-legacy use a 4x140 bolt pattern... so your choices of wheels are very limited... unless you do the 5 lug conversion! (some of these guys have done this here... look for the posts on how to do it!)

and also fyi, the legacy and impreza and XT6 use 5x100 bolt pattern.. and the only other wheels that use the 4x140 lugs are peugot (spelling?) wheels-available in 14" and 15",and 390mm (dont get the metrics!)

good luck!

Austin

Well don't I feel like an idiot now :) Honestly I've had this car for about.... 6 days now, and have been working on other things never took the wheel caps off. And now that you've said this... I'm going to cry myself to sleep. Well.... maybe not, but I'm dissapointed and embarrassed.

Thanks for the info though! I'll do a search and see how hard it is.

You can also use chevy or toyota 6 lug rims. You will have to either drill out the rim, or add 4 studs to your brake rotors and drums. It's not that hard really, and then your wheel choices are much bigger. The 5 lug swap is an option, but would be much more expensive than the chevy 6 lug conversion, and I'm sure there are plenty of nice chevy and toyota 6 lug alloys that would work.

GD

Your last post isn't exactly coherent.

You can do a few things..

Drill 2 new holes in a chevy, toyota whatever, 6 lug rim.. the stock holes on the rim are spaced in such a way that 2 of your studs will already fit.

or you can drill some more holes in your hubs and pop more lug studs in there and use 6 lug wheels that way.

Also, I read(back when I had a peugeot) that there was a guy in seattle that was making adapters to put newer style honda wheels on pugs.. since our bolt pattern is the same, its a good bet that those adapters would work for our soobs too.. I recall that they were somewhat cost prohibitive though.. don't remember exactly how much, but it was more than I paid for 2 of my GL-10s combined (for those that know me, you know I'm a cheapskate)

Thanks a lot guys for your posts/replies I'll look over everyones options and figure out what to do. Without you guys I would obviously be scratching my head after taking off the wheel caps. Hopefully before acquiring the new wheels :).

So yeah.... You guys rock!