Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Alliance Meet head count (for planning purposes)

ok iluvdirt is planning for some campground/off roading site, we need to know who is definate on showing at this moment. lets post a head count. once we know what to expect accomodations will be met accordingly

MilesFox 4x4 conversion sedan, 87 rx trash3door

thealleyboy alleywagon '04

86subaru 86 brat weber

tomrhere

iluvdirt

noahdl88

cissubaru

myoss feece and possibly zanny dook trashwagon 6 and the implaza

anyone else add yourself to the list. any of you on the list if you find you cant make it post hre before memorial day. remember the meet is all weekend, with the off roading on mainly on saturday

oh yeah post what soob you will be bringing

i'm gonna add a bit of excitement to this; I know it was supposed to be last year but life got strange. This year I absolutely have to have the movie done by Memorial Day. Consider the '05 Alliance Meet the premiere of "Catch This Fox".

If things go really well, expect a replica Trashwagon 5 on the premises.

-Tim Hansen

If things go really well, expect a replica Trashwagon 5 on the premises.

-Tim Hansen

Stay out of Butler, Indiana with it........... :grin:

I'll be there this year. Will either have the '84, or the '86 BRAT. Seriously doubt if I'll have the '82 anywhere near close to started on, let alone finished by then. (I need a different job, one where I have a life outside of it.)

Update: (kind of)

OK, as I posted There are no trails at Wayne's National Forrest we can ride on. I called the park and they said no. I will know for ure in a few days about Zanesville. I have my uncle also looking over some of his topographical maps of the south east to see if he can spot some loggin trails, or old fire roads. Of course I will scout them out first, but fear not. I have never not been able to find legal 4x4 trails with camping.

ok i say saturday, u pick the time, since you will be finding the off road. i can be ther on friday to start out. lets keep sunday as a back up day if we cant all make it beforehand friday night

OK, I will see how long it takes to get to the wheeling spot.

BTW, I have great news. I found a nice wheeling spot on private property with camping (primative) in Zanesville, OH. It is called Tony's mudbog. It is 180 acres with various trail difficulties, and and 2 mud pits(1 deep, another shallower).

The only catch is, is I had to go through another e-web buddy who owns the land. His catch was, was that he had to supervise the outing and go wheeling with us in his broncoII. The reason for this is because his park has been getting vandalised(SP?) and he wants to preserve the offroad park. He will waive the fees for us since this an offroad event.

I figured inviting him along was the least I could do for giving a good place wheel and camp.

Any thoughts/objections?

OK, how's this for wild; I just checked out the schedule for this year's Hot Rod Power Tour. It leaves June 4. From Milwaukee. Heads thru Indiana en route to Florida.

June 4 Miller Park - Milwaukee, WI

June 5 Illinois State Fairgrounds - Springfield, IL

June 6 Indianapolis Raceway Park - Indianapolis, IN

June 7 Gaylord Opryland Resort - Nashville, TN

June 8 Birmingham Race Course - Birmingham, AL

June 9 North Florida Fair - Tallahassee, FL

June 10 Osceola Heritage Park - Kissimmee-St. Cloud, FL

June 11 return to Osceola Heritage Park for Long Hauler Award and Photo

Fox, if it is even remotely possible, I'm going to get this done and set to go for us to blitz the whole damn thing. Plus, it cuts through your territory; get the boys together for a shindig / media opportunity at the Indianapolis stop, maybe?

So, yeah, it's basically four days after Memorial Day. Which means we beat it back to Milwaukee directly from the Alliance meet. (It's leaving from my hometown. We gotta)

• 4 weeks later...

TTT

Roll call again!

post up how things are going and if your still planning on coming to the meet on memorial day weekend.

I got all my d/r conversion parts, now all I needis some time to do the conversion. I still havent got the money for the lift, but I found a nice set of rims/tires for it when I get the $$$. We'll see....

• 4 weeks later...

I posted this identical reply in the original columbus meet thread.

"Hello. I just wanted to sign up to clarify some things on my end.

The off-roading and camping is being held on my buddies property and I will be your trail guide for the day. What I would like to have are some photos, or specs on those of vehicles that will be offroading so I can plan out which trails I should take you all on.

Also, my cousin and his buddy have an older Subaru with high.lo tranny and that runs, but needs a carb.... would there be any interest in parts, or it as a whole? if so well bring it up to sell off.

If anyone has any questions as too the off-roading part of the event feel free to ask and I'll answer in the best way that I can."