Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 Spring lift questions.

Just a quick question on longer springs for an EA82. I have honda accord springs in the rear and that gained me two inches in height, and they are stiffer so it's a lil bit ruffer of a ride but I can haul all kindas of stuff in it. :)

My question is about front springs. Has anyone ever front longer front springs for an EA82? just like one or two inches?

I was hoping for something that was an easy bolt on or swap out.

I know I'm just learning all this stuff, but isnt using longer springs hell on CV joints?

I had heard this, so I asked the previous owner who is the one who actually changed the rear springs and he claimed he not had any cv problems. What is normal life on CV's and I have so far had no problems with anything.

Anyone else had any experience with tthis?

the spring lift will cause more wear and tear on your CV's for sure, a normal CV will last say 60k miles, the raised angle CV will last 40k miles. not actual figures but you get the point, many have posted on this subject, yea it works, but you'll just be going threw CV's faster is all.

~Josh~

axles are a dime a dozen at junkyards... burn em up

Thats kinda what I thought too. :)

I have never had a sube live long enuff to worry about that. I usually bang em up or blow em up.

I am going to take care of this one tho. I don't mind replacing the axles once in a while. But this still doesn't tell if there is longer spring available. :)