Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Yakima rack on a loyale

I built a basket to mount on my yakima rack,1a towers,but the towers don't fit really well.They seem like they are in bind.Could there be some shims or something I'm missing?Any body else had trouble hooking their yakima to a loyale?When I hokked it to my hatch it fit like a glove.THanks for any info

My brother just gave me a set of Yakima racks for my Soob - it has a bike rack attachment (that I will never use, LOL). Trying to think of something I can make so it can be useful..... anybody have pics of clever attachments for their Yakima racks? Or, where can you get pre-made attachments?

YEa, hey on the yakima racks that are made for gutter systems they should come with rubber boots that will sit on the part that actually fits in the gutter. I don't use mine, and everything seems just fine. I've carried everything from 2 bikes and a rocket box from oregon to alaska to tons of lumber. Good Luck