Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello fellow Subaru drivers and owners

I'm also new here. We have a 2002 Forester with about 32k miles. It started making that ticking sound a couple of months ago until the engine is warmed up (about 10-15 minutes). Our mechanic and a lot of other people seem to think it's nothing to worry about. I hope they're right because we love the car and would like to keep it for at least 100k. Anyway, hello to everyone!

• 2 months later...

Newbies Newbies Newbies!!!!! This group is great..super friendly..you couldnt ask for a better bunch of people..Its almost like one HUGE happy family. It wasnt too long ago I was a newbie.. I have made alot of good friends here. And us CT/NE group have tendencies of being a bit rowdy at social gatherings:grin: .

As for the knowledge of this group???? There is none better...but to warn you..this place is addicting and before long you will have a basement/garage full of spare parts and multiple cars...and if you hang around long enough you will be looking for vintage Subarus just for the fun of them.....me ..perfect example.

Welcome!!!

New here too. '05 Outback XT. Traded in a VW with numerous problems over the entire time I owned it - and I don't regret it - even the difference in drivability is amazing with AWD and the turbo :)

Even the VW'ers are rude - one member told me to 'stay here', so I will!

Looking for any local GTG's in VA or WV area.