Ultimate Subaru Message Board

custom bodywork?

anybody done any trick bodywork to their ea82, mainly looking at wagon mods but any mody done to any of that body style, im looking for stuff other than bolt-on stuff like ground effects.

i have actually been toying with the idea of doing a split hood for my wagon. what i mean by that is split in the middle and flip to each side. i have an extra hood in good rust free shape that im thinking about trying this out on. i have even thought of a setup for the latching mechanism since i have all the latching stuff from my parts car. so whats the custom body mods people have done so far if any???

going around a blind corner and having a guy parked in the middle of the icy road has done some really fantastic body work to the fender, door, and quarterpanel of my 89 3dr cp. A new fender from the scrap yard and a door on it''s way from Craven in Michigan and I'll be ready to rock.

lol girvin

subaru styles i can appreciate what you have done to your wagon. its just not the route i usually go with stuff. i guess ive never been into any body kits lol. i was gonna shave off my emblems and prob my rear doorlock for the start, but ive always been inot a little more wild body mods on my vehicles but i like stuff that looks realatively stock if the car is just sitting there. basically the sleeper look for the most part

lol dennis its all good

in case you guys have been wondering why i am even thinking of stuff like this is this is the first time in a long time i have had a car in mint condition that i didnt have to fix a monster amount of stuff to get it perfect. it is the perfect custom candidate. and for me i always like to customize something different, im tired of seeing the same old cars all the time. our ea82's may not be the most styling cars, especially the wagon but i think it can at least be trick. looks like when i have the time to do this project i may need to do a step by step pic progress of it.