Ultimate Subaru Message Board

3 Door Front Glass (windsheild)

12.00 for the good tool to remove a windshield from a parts car. Say 40.00 for the windshield, and another 20.00 for the windshield caulk and the gun to apply.

Time is the killer. Takes awhile to get one out unbroken and longer to prep the old frame so it won't leak.

I'm sure there is a story behind this, but like every Jerry Springer episode ever made, It's none of my business. Jay

The 3dr windshield is definately unique, 1' taller than "any of the otherGL-Loyale". A Subaru expert should know this but a Stanley tape definately does!!! Not only is the windshield unique but so is the trim and it can be hard to find too, sometimes just the act of removal destroys it.

BTW, I believe that coupe windshield of nearly every Subaru vintage are unique to the coupe, EA81, EA81 and EA82, not sure about the earlier stuff.

You dont need to goto a junkyard. Your insurance will cover replacement windows. CAll them and tell them that another car threw a rock up on the freeway and it cracked the window across your line of sight. They will ask you if you got a licesnse plate number of the car, Say no they were passing you. Tell them that you will need the new molding for the window too.

They will say you need to pay the 50/100 dollar deductable. Do that.

Any insurance will do it. just liability will cover window replacements

That way you get a brand new window, professonally installed.

• 1 month later...
hmmmm cause I need a new windshield for my RX.....

Caboobaroo, if you are still in Laramie let me know what they are asking in town and I will see what price I can get you over at The House of Glass in Cheyenne. I sometimes get deals over there because the owner is Family. If nothing else he is very dependable and honest.