Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Justy Final drive choices

Anybody know if it's possible to put the final drive from an 4WD ECVT into a 4WD 5 speed? According to the manuals the ratio is lower. I pro rally a Justy and really need a lower final drive ratio, I rarely am able to use 4th or 5th gear and find that the motor, all 73bhp, can be revving at 6000rpm in 2nd, but fall off the 'cam" when changing up into 3rd!! A little more power coupled with a better final drive ratio should cure it.

It's no problem swopping over the rear diffy, but I'm loath to look inside the tranny just on the off chance as I don't have a spare.

BTW, a decent home made intake and an opened up exhaust does wonders to a FI Justy.

I'm sorry I dont have the answer to your question. But I do have a question for you: How has the Justy been performing in PROrally class? I've often been tempted to buy one for rallycross, but I dont know as much about them as the other Scoobs. What were you able to do to beef up the suspension? Has it been fragile? What weight are you running it at?

BTW here are some vids I like with some good Justy rally footage on snow. You may even know these kids if you have raced out east.....they are from Quebec. Looks like they are having a lot of fun. The vids are middle way down the page, of Lachute rally, under the "Musicplus" banner. You'll want to FF thru all the talking......in French. The Justy footage is in the middle section of the videos. Warning, they are long.

http://www.abikeonline.com/24rallyteam/photos.html

Good luck getting the answer on final drive ratio.

I run in the P1, up to 1400cc class here in Canada. The car is very competitive, often beating larger engined cars, we won the under 2000cc production class last year in the western canadian championship.

Car is very strong, never DNF'ed, suspension is custom struts, stiffer springs with VW rabbit bilstein inserts, not sure of the weight, stripped interior but heavy cage + heavy driver and nav! Used a two door shell to save weight.

I love those little buggers, but I'm still trying to learn what can be done to them, mainly in suspension area. Who did the suspension work.....where'd the struts come from?

One problem we have down here is the classing of the car. There is no P1 1400cc so its tough to make it competitve in P or PGT. I dont think it can run in Gp2 due to it having 4wd. I prefer the classing you guys have.

Hey do you know those kids from Quebec in the vids? I found those very entertaining. Not a lot of Justy footage out there...especially on snow.