Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Distributor Quesiton????

Guest vodoo

Guest vodoo

Will a distributor out of a EA82 OHC motor fit in a EA81 motor? The reason for me asking is because my tac is bouncing all over the place and I thing the distributor is the problem. The EA82 is out of a 85 Wagon 4X4 and the EA81 is a 83 Brat 4x4.

Guest GeneralDisorder

with MUCH modification, yes it will fit. You have to cut off one of the mounting "ears", and pin the gear from the EA81 disty to the shaft of the EA82 disty. My sugestion is to get your EA81 disty's shaft re-bushed. Would save you many headaches, and it only cost like $30 to have it done. Not only that, but who knows how long the "used" EA82 disty would last? At least the re-bushed shaft would last many thousands of miles.

GD

Guest Brettm57

I've posted this on here before, but NAPA carries the bushings for Subaru distributors for about $5.00 each. I re-bushed mine ('88 hatch) myself. All mine needed was the top bushing. Apparently the bottom one runs in enough oil that it doesn't wear much. It really wasn't that hard to fix, just mark anything you're not sure about so you get it back together right. It cured my "jumping tach syndrome".