Cc:Subject: [DFWFreecycle] OFFER: 87 suberu ENGINE 75077

Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 23:07:06 -0000

WE have a 4 clynder engine for an 87 suberu XT. Timeing belts need

to be replaced but no other defects are known to me. We need it gone

from our storage in McKinney (75070). Must come and get it. First

come first "served" Missed pickup date, offer go's to the next

respondant.

thank you

My wife responded immediatley, bless her heart.

I had to work, so 78TurboBrat was kind enough to pick it up and deliver it to me.

Its in the garage now, and oh what a score.

Its from an 87 XT. Non-turbo MPFI. Spider intake . Don't know how many miles are on it. It broke one of the timing belts a while back. Kid took it to a mechanic. Mechanic said : Borked timing belt = bad motor. Kid paid him to put a new motor in. Kid has since sold the car. Parents have been storing the motor for months. Tried to sell it in the local classifieds, but there is no market for old soobs here. So off to freecycle it went.

My wife saw the email, emailed the guy back and away we wentbiggrin.gif

Motor is in unbelievably excellent shape. Appears to have been resealed recently or have low miles. Has very little in the way of the common EA82 oil leaks. inside of the throttlebody is extremely clean and the oil even looks good.

Now I don't know what to do with it. Do I use the intake manifold on the motor I just put together? (which is finally in and running).. It is definitely an upgrade over the stock wagon manifold. Better throttle cable and TB placement for use with the TD04 and WRX IC I already have on the car...Or do I find another car to put it in (EA82 cars are somewhat rare in this are)

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photo...&sort=1&cat=500

I have a quick question,

I thought only turbo engines got the

breather cover under the flywheel?

Do all MPFI get it?

You know your Suby beans better than I

so if you say non Turbo -I believe you

Good question Skip. And one for which I have no answer. The nuances of the NA MPFI are foreign territory to me. I have zero experience with them.

I will have to look into that. I will also take a closer look now that its light out, to see if there is an oil feed line for the turbo. I didn't see it in the dark when I looked last night, but it is entirely possible that I missed it.

Side note:

For those that don't know what freecycle is,

Go to www.freecycle.org and check them out. Its a great way to get rid of some of the useful stuff you have in the attic but haven't used in years. I recently put up a bunch of computer parts that ended up going to a school for training purposes.. all sorts of neat stuff..

/hijack

I keep missing the good stuff on freecycle...A 92 Legacy...a 90 Loyale..never at the puter at the right time..by the time I see it its gone.Plus ....my boyfriend told me last night that his sister-in law. drove a Subaru..he thinks it was an Impreza older one..it just stopped running so she bought a new car and sent the Impreza to the JY..just because it had over 200,000 miles on it!! Said she would have gave it to me:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ....and it sounded like all it had was a broken timing belt ( it was gen 1 impreza so it has non-interference!)

You are so lucky!!!

Skip, I checked the motor a bit closer. Its definitely an NA MPFI Motor. So that breather must be common to all of the MPFI motors, Turbo an NA alike.

Bucky, I know what you mean about missing out on good stuff. Recently a guy put 2 big engine analyzers up there.. 4 gas testers and everything. I responded less than 10 minutes after they went up and they were gone :(. On the other hand, I did recently pick up a 150 year old piano from someone on there that couldn't find any other way to get rid of it :D. Its also been an excellent tool for cleaning out the garage. things like a car seat my daughter has outgrown, a tent my wife and I used to use when it was just the two of us (a little cramped for three people and two dogs).

Thankfully, my wife's job requires her email to be open on one of the screens on her desk 90% of the time, not much gets by her.