Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pointy! Loose! OOH! DRIFT!

So the RX is WAY more pointy than an STi now. How? Ummmmm....350#/450# springs, 2+ deg of negative camber front, about 1.5 rear, and slight toe out on the front.

The car WILL get sideways simply turing in. :banana::banana::banana::banana:

New brakes going on today! :banana: Going to test out some experimental Pads on blank rotors.....

The 13G/VF7 hybrid is not going to end up being cost effective...so I've got a Deadbolt Port'n'Polished VF7 going on soon. :banana:

GR2's front, and the stock RX rears. The stock RX ones are STILL stiffer than the GR2s.

I know I know...its UNDERDAMPED....but its not that bad really. Its fine or autox and street.

For track or rally or rough stuff...I do need some more dampening...but its ok for now....ive got some secret stuf going on to get me some D2 coilovers... :headbang:

sweet i've been following your progress for quite a long time now so the rx can out handle a sti thats great now go out and show them what a real soob is

Yeah, i think its to the point now of outrunning an STi thru the twisties if I can sqeeze 30 more HP/20 more TQ out of it with NO fuel cut....

Yep. Too bad the turbo wont be installed for quite some time....I am waiting for some other tihngs to get done first...like the RF wheel bearing, and get the car running smoother/better before the turbo goes on.

Will, how were you planning on putting this 13G/VF7 combo together? I thought that IHI and Mitsu turbos were incompatable. :confused:

Its very possible. The VF7 housing gets machined for clearance...and there is a shim/spacer made so that the 13G wheel can be pressed onto the VF7 shaft. And then you are done.

However...that turbo will not be built. I am going to experiment with a complete TD04L-13G on it first.

How did you change the front & rear camber?

So the RX is WAY more pointy than an STi now. How? Ummmmm....350#/450# springs, 2+ deg of negative camber front, about 1.5 rear, and slight toe out on the front.

The car WILL get sideways simply turing in. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

New brakes going on today! :banana: Going to test out some experimental Pads on blank rotors.....

The 13G/VF7 hybrid is not going to end up being cost effective...so I've got a Deadbolt Port'n'Polished VF7 going on soon. :banana:

Its very possible. The VF7 housing gets machined for clearance...and there is a shim/spacer made so that the 13G wheel can be pressed onto the VF7 shaft. And then you are done.

However...that turbo will not be built. I am going to experiment with a complete TD04L-13G on it first.

Interesting. FYI, word on the 2.0 forums is that the stock WRX turbo is a 13T, not a 13G, if thats what you're planning on using.

• 2 weeks later...

Where did you get the plates? Are they the WRX ones? Are you using them with coil overs? Is it possible to use camber plates on a RX with stock struts?

You mentioned the RX struts are stiffer than the GR2, how much?

Any idea what the spring rate is on the '86/'89 Accord front springs

Sorry for all the questions, thanks!

MRT Camber/Caster plates on the front. The rear...lower=more negative camber.

plates are MRT Rally ones...no longer made. I got them second handed.

THey will work on WRX/Legacy/RX/All other Leone with EA82 in it.

I am using "1/2 coilovers" which means...stockish struts with coil over springs and collars over them.

GR2's are advertized to be 10~15% stiffer then OE...and they only have GR2's for non RX applications. RX's from the factory are 2x the dampening...thats 50% if I do my math correctly.

However..the 4wd front struts are WAY too tall for me...i need to be as low as possiblt and maintain some travel. So ive got stock RX rears and GR2 2wd's on the front.

No idea on accord springs.

MRT make a street camber plate for the WRX, this will fit my RX? (I think you said it will)

Can you get a read on the 2wd struts, can you detect a big diff in dampening? If I take of my working RX struts with 165K miles and put on GR2's am I shooting myself in the foot? 2X=100% increase.

Thanks

you can use any camber plate you want...cusco, mrt, noltec...etc....

its iffy on the struts....worn RX struts are not going to be as strong as new GR2s tho....but the GR2s are MUCH weaker than new RX struts...and RX struts are long gone no longer avalible. The original numbers supercede to a new number that is avalible, but I ordered them...and they are JUNK. WEAK and they are the same as any plain 4wd/2wd OE strut.

Could I compare the struts by compressing them on a bathroom scale? Maybe another way? I have the GR2's now but I don't want to put them on unless they are stiffer.

Is one camber plate better than another, any leads on experienced ones?

you can use any camber plate you want...cusco, mrt, noltec...etc....

its iffy on the struts....worn RX struts are not going to be as strong as new GR2s tho....but the GR2s are MUCH weaker than new RX struts...and RX struts are long gone no longer avalible. The original numbers supercede to a new number that is avalible, but I ordered them...and they are JUNK. WEAK and they are the same as any plain 4wd/2wd OE strut.