Ultimate Subaru Message Board

adjust rear strutts up one notch?

Hey, is it safe to assume that since my 85 is 20 years old, and visibly sagging in the rear I think, that it would be ok to take the rear strutts up one notch? (I see that they are still on the lowest setting.)

Which was Fuji thinking when they made them adjustable. To accomadate heavier loads, or to be adjusted for wear and time? Or something else I'm missing?

And lastly, does adjusting the rear struts up affect fron castor, camber, or steering in any way?

(I get that keeping the rear axles straighter makes them last longer)

Thanks

Pyro

theyre not really struts, they are coil-over shocks. Not all had the adjustment i don't think, but the ones the did have a collar that the spring mounts on. It sits on pins, and can be rotated to sit in three different positions. Thats what i remember anyway, its been a while since ive looked at one.

thanks for the info ross, ill take another look at mine today to see if i can adjust them at all. i know that the suspension stuff like the struts and coilovers look completely different from the ones that i pulled off my 87

Hey dragonwingsubaru, what do you mean by custom spit hood, and shaved emblems?

I'm still learning the difference between stuff like coilovers and strutts! I'll get there eventually.

Pyro

pyromaniac what i mean by that stuff is shaved emblems means remove all emblems and fill in what needs to be filled and made smooth. and on the custom split hood i mean to basically cut it in half and have both halves open to a different side, if you are haveing trouble visualizing it look at the need for speed underground 2 game at the split hood section its gonna be the one that splits to the dr and pass side. dont worry about understanding the stuff yet it took me a long time to understand stuff, but i will admit i still have alot to learn!! these forums are a great place to learn, there is always a few gurus in every forum that can help you learn stuff.