Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Assault Vehicle!

I got this crazy idea to make my brat a bit more noticable ... and a plain white tube for holding pipe is just boring! :D

I'm using my Brat for my backflow assembly business so I thought it would be a good eye catcher ... don't worry tho .... I am getting the brat painted black asap ... something else that is going to be fun, B.A.T. stands for Backflow Assembly Tester, so instead of putting "Brat" back in the usual places, it will simply say "BAT" :-p

Oh ya ... and the nose cone is removable, so when I am not working, I can take it to a friend's field and use it as a "potato cannon" :burnout: ... not actually gona use potato's tho, 4" is too large and I would want something reusable ... maybe a nerf ball or a rubber ball :drunk:

hahaha. that's pretty interesting. like the bed extender on the brat too!

Thx, Rooinater, :burnout: I'm also gonna get a few "ARMY", "AIRFORCE", "NAVY"& "MARINES" stickers to go on the sides ... might also put "Osama or bust!" or something on the nose cone :-p ... I saw some pretty interesting slogans/messages airmen were putting on the bombs soon to be dropped in Afghanistan ... maybe I can get a good Idea from those if I can remember the web site ... doh! :rolleyes:

You won't believe the deal I got on that extender! $20!! it had been sitting at my favorite gun/pawn shop and he was tired of seeing it :D

I love the Subaru Assault Vehicle (SAV) :grin:

If it was me, I'd tone down the slogans, you don't want to insult any of your potential business. I'd think the vehicle it's self is advertising enough.

I love it!

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

I love the Subaru Assault Vehicle (SAV) :grin:

If it was me, I'd tone down the slogans, you don't want to insult any of your potential business. I'd think the vehicle it's self is advertising enough.

I love it!

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

good point, and I wouldn't have any of the messages such as "Ossama open up and say "AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" very big, but I'm putting the "ARMY" "AIRFORCE" etc, etc, to make it look a little more like a missle and maybe some black length-wise stripes :brow: but here in Missoula I have seen even more "Support the Troops" ribbons than even in Tacoma Washington, and that city has both a major army and airforce base, so other than a few college students who won't be my customers anyway, I don't think many will be turned off by it:banana:

• 2 weeks later...

w00t! well I finnally made the cap with a lantern striker and propane torch tip glued into it, and I found a small nerf-like soccer ball that fits nicely ... just need to take it somewhere to test out the cannon!! :drunk:

what I'd really like to get to fly out of it is one of these ...

http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.13880/dn/nerf/default.cfm

too bad they are too small for the 4" tube ... maybe I can modify a regular nerf foot-ball and add a tail :brow:

betcha nobody cuts you off on the freeway with that thing on your car! I need to put one of those on my wagon lol. Been thinkin about building a microwave cannon, then the next person who cuts me off gets their car converted into a 5,000 lb paperweight :D Remember what everyone says about don't mess with nerds.....

betcha nobody cuts you off on the freeway with that thing on your car! I need to put one of those on my wagon lol. Been thinkin about building a microwave cannon, then the next person who cuts me off gets their car converted into a 5,000 lb paperweight :D Remember what everyone says about don't mess with nerds.....

LOL!!! you know, a low power microwave is PERFECT ... they would suddenly become violently sick and put breakfast and lunch all over the leather seats!! :devil grin: and they wouldn't have a CLUE why :clap:

I have annother idea that I might do too ... you know those tire-inflation tanks called "cheetas"? the ones that have something like a 2 inch pipe comming out of a large tank used to put a sudden high volume of air to bead-up truck tires? well, I have this pathetic old air compressor that is just about worthless anyway, so I could say, attach a solenoid valve to a 1/2" hose going the back of the cannon, and once I build up the desired presure hit the switch and WHOOM! same effect as using propane :-p