Ultimate Subaru Message Board

besides subarus version of variable valve timing, and MAYBE some sort of STI version of the legacy line, i would wait. VVT for subarus adds like 3 HP and 3-5 ft. lbs. of torque and better gas mileage, cool huh. thats just about the only things that ive heard about so far, only got like 3-4 months till we see anyway, might as well wait dude.

~Josh~

besides subarus version of variable valve timing, and MAYBE some sort of STI version of the legacy line, i would wait. VVT for subarus adds like 3 HP and 3-5 ft. lbs. of torque and better gas mileage, cool huh. thats just about the only things that ive heard about so far, only got like 3-4 months till we see anyway, might as well wait dude.

~Josh~

STI for Legacy line? Where did you hear this?

Could there be STI Outback Wagon! :slobber:

<<I am looking at buying a WRX Sport Wagon- should I start looking at 2005 models or should I wait for the 2006 models to come out later this year- does anyone have an inside scoop about any major changes for 06?>>

well, the only MINOR change i see for the 06' WRX is that subaru dropped the 2.0 for the 2.5. Now its basicly a de-tuned 2.5 like in the Forester 2.5 XT. And a minor front end makeover.....

I am looking at buying a WRX Sport Wagon- should I start looking at 2005 models or should I wait for the 2006 models to come out later this year- does anyone have an inside scoop about any major changes for 06?

wait for 06 if you can. the 05s are new models, they'll have bugs. the bugs will be sqished by 06.

<<wait for 06 if you can. the 05s are new models, they'll have bugs. the bugs will be sqished by 06.>>

the 05' are basicly the same as 04's. the 06's are the new body style and the end of the 2.0 its not a rumor, its true.

In what ways will the 2.5 be better than the 2.0?

<<I am looking at buying a WRX Sport Wagon- should I start looking at 2005 models or should I wait for the 2006 models to come out later this year- does anyone have an inside scoop about any major changes for 06?>>

well, the only MINOR change i see for the 06' WRX is that subaru dropped the 2.0 for the 2.5. Now its basicly a de-tuned 2.5 like in the Forester 2.5 XT. And a minor front end makeover.....

There's a rumor with supposed proof over at NASIOC that says the WRX line will get a slightly detuned version of the 2.5 turbo engine for 2006. Food for thought.