Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82t Crossover pipes Qs

the narrowest point is aprox 1 1/4" right at the bend to go up to the turbo. I choped that section out and put in a 2" section. posted it back when I did it. also smoothed the ports in and out of the up pipe. runs good but then again I did the TD04 at the same time so who knows what it really did.82113_1348s.JPG

OOOH!! Pretty turbo. I was thinking of TRYING to make an equal length crossover pipe...out of 1.5" tube of .095 wall...so that makes it likea little smaller than 1.375"(1 and 3/8th inch)

[HTi]Johnson

EDIT: Oh yeah, the reason I can't make it bigger is because of my resources...everything I have access to is for some heavy duty tube. (I work for an Ornamental Iron company:-p)

OOOH!! Pretty turbo. I was thinking of TRYING to make an equal length crossover pipe...out of 1.5" tube of .095 wall...so that makes it likea little smaller than 1.375"(1 and 3/8th inch)

[HTi]Johnson

that would probably work well. leave the dump into the turbo a bit small to keep speed up. I was looking at the turbo off a 1.8T VW in my garage and it has a tiny inlet but can make some real good power.

OOOH!! Pretty turbo. I was thinking of TRYING to make an equal length crossover pipe...

Equal length will be a pita unless you have a very tight mandrel bender. I build mine out of stainless weld elbows and straight pipe (from coyote steel)

check it out http://usmb.net/gallery/album290/P6160094

The pipe is 1.5 schedule 80 (i think) the id is 1 5/8 which is too big but it flows like a mo fo

If I were to do it over, I'd go for about 1 1/4 or 1 3/8. reguardless of the id the design is far superior to that pos bathroom plumbing thing they car a header.

garner