Ultimate Subaru Message Board

88 gl-10 LSD question

how hard would it be to swap the 5sp manual w/ center locking into my 88 gl10t w/ auto tranny would it just be bolting it right up then the clutch pedal and cable? also is $75 alot for a 88 rear diff LSD and how much should it cost for the 5sp manual w/ center locking diff

how hard would it be to swap the 5sp manual w/ center locking into my 88 gl10t w/ auto tranny would it just be bolting it right up then the clutch pedal and cable? also is $75 alot for a 88 rear diff LSD and how much should it cost for the 5sp manual w/ center locking diff

The auto to manual swap is a lot of work, but none of it is difficult. I swapped the 4eat in my 1990 Loyale turbo for a single range w/center locking diff. Every thing bolts right up. $75 is a good price for the LSD diff. I got my single range diff lock tranny for $100 from another board member here in CO.

If I remember right you'll need the driveshaft and tranny crossmember from the manual car.

Good luck!

lol.. funy you mention the tranny.. whenI did my LSD, I also installed the 5speed with locking center diff.. I had already done the auto to manual conversion a year prior, so I didn't have much to deal with.. Its not too hard at all.. jUst remember to get the pedal box too.

I would be very interested. When do you think you wil have it availabel and how much do you want for it?

Mike

You can call me 804-393-0516

i would get rid of mine when i get the 5sp center locking diff let me know if your interested