Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What a Pain in the A*** Anyone got detailed wiring diagrams, Completed!!!

The Illumination on the panel with the tach is yellow/orangish, the old one was green.

Im trying to think of ways to change colours.

If I got glass paint and coloured the globes, I could have any colour I wanted, i was thinking maybe blue

P.S. 555ron..... I wont be able to get time to help you, sorry. Its an easy conversion though, just be sure to label all the wires before you start cutting them, and have a voltmeter handy, just to check things if they dont seem right.
Damn. Oh well, it was worth a try. How much of the dash did you buy? Just the part behind the dash?

I think i might do it. Its always been something (the only thing, love it to bits) that annoyed me about the car. It would be awesome to watch the revs go up as the boxer start to scream!:grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i chased it up and i can get one for $55. The guy said the Dash instrument cluster had an extra 6 connections on it and didn't think i'd be able to swap them over. It's a 2wd car, ausubaru92... what was your conversion like? Are the wiring looms going to be there or is the car wired for the instrument cluster i have. I got the feeling by reading this thread it will go in, but i don't want to drive down there to find i wasted my day...

Edit...

Well, i justed tried to take the dash surround off when i heard a hissss... then i though i should quit while i was ahead. Now it makes the hissing whenever i put it on to get air from outside. When i put it on recirculate the hissing goes away. This isn't any good to me on a hot day... the car has no air conditioning. :-\:confused: Maybe i'll work up the courage to try again. When i take the dash surround off, will it be easy to fit the wire connectors up again... are they all colour coded well and non ambiguous? Are there hoses to disconnect... i think i might have ripped one of them off... any ideas? All the switches work

The hissing came from the vaccume hoses that control the servos that operate the air vents. no big hassle, they just are a tight fit

remove the steering wheel to make it easier, but mark its position.

is it the wires from the sensors like temp, fuel & tach that you need help with or is it all the display lights, i.e. the open doors, headlights ect.

I can remember most of the sensor wires, but not the display ones. but i can help u work them out.

Do you have msn messenger,. my email is camelman99@hotmail.com, i mite be able to walk u through it this weekend, (no promises, i have 2 jobs)

I would really appreciate if you could do that for me. I'd like to get it in asap, but if you aren't able to help, i'll go it alone or wait til you can. (theres really no rush)

I don't know which wires i'll need help with because i haven't got access to one (instrument cluster) yet... i have no idea what the back of the instrument cluster will look like. The only concern is the odometer atm. Am i just going to get the amount of kays the donor dash has done? Hmm... i wouldn't like to be tampering with it... What did you do?