Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Turn signals blinking fast

I removed my badly-tweaked front bumper on my RX, gonna replace it tomorrow.

Question: since I removed the yellow lights that are mounted in the bumper (white connector clips) the turn signals go really fast, like double speed. Is this going to hurt anything until I get everything back together?

Thanks styles... I figured it was just a case of less load on the circuit = more juice action. ;)

Funny story: to remove that bumper, I removed the wiper reservoir and intake muffler because I was trying to get to the wrong side of the bolts that hold the bumper to the frame. 1 hour later, I figured out that the *head* of the bolt was inside the engine bay, not in the fender. O well. :banghead:

I'll post pictures of the transformation when it's finished.

Nice to hear I'm not the only one. It's a good thing I didn't have a breaker bar like I wanted, or I probably would have snapped a nut as well. Something just *didn't seem right* though, about accessing the fenderwell for that task...

After removing the bumper I was able to adjust headlamps downwards, the whole point of the task... I will post a new thread with before and after flix when it's done.

hey since you have the bumper off, you might as well remove the snorkel from the inside of the fender:brow:

You know, I already did that. Then I put it back. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to removing the snorkel? It's just a big plastic tub shaped to fit in as much of the inner fenderwell as possible. Openings on either end are about 3-4 inches wide. Absolutely nothing inside of it. The open end (when installed) sits just rear and below the right headlight, behind the front of the frame. It's not pointing at any particular opening I can see.

From what I've gathered, this system is designed to keep as much dirt/dust as possible out of the intake. How much of a part does the snorkel play? Is it just a silencer? If so, it's *so* outta there. :brow: Let me know.

Removing it would leave the system open at the fender wall... intake filter exposed to the air... /me scared. I want to be able to take this thing over 50 miles of gravel without worrying. Here in Oregon, we have entire unpaved highways, with signage and everything, in the national and state forests (giant tree farms), so it's not just a dream ;)

well, my g/f who also drives the car said she doesn't mind if I "make it sound cool", so I think I'll give it a shot. Hell, I can always put it back if I want to. In fact I think I just got permission to do the exhaust one of these days. LOL

I forgot you were in Oregon, ... well those from out of state can just try to imagine our rally roads :drunk: