Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Good find, hope I can get it

Well, as with most towns mine has an ordnance about having cars just sitting around on your property, and while most times I think it's nothing more than a big hassle, this time it might pay off for me.

Near a friend of mines house there has been a EA81 subaru sitting for a few years. I haven't paid a lot of attention because it's the runabout bodystyle that I'm not crazy about. Well, since wrecking my wagon, I've been looking for front end parts to get it going again and I naturally thought of this other sube. Just as soon as I thought about it, the city had tagged the car for removal and it will be hauled off in 30 days.

So I stopped by to try and talk to the old lady who owns it about getting it from her. She wasn't home, but I did have a chance to get a closer look at the car.

Turns out that the car is nearly perfect and also is a 4WD turbo!

So I'm really excited about trying to get it now; I know that there is something wrong with it, but not sure what. If it couldn't be fixed and driven, maybe good parts anyway. It's an old lady who's really cautious about stuff, so who knows, it could just be that it needs CV's and she stopped driving it because of that.

Wish me luck.