Ultimate Subaru Message Board

check out this racing 360. only $20k !!

70 hp in a 360 would be disgusting! The 360 doesn't even weigh 1000 lbs, people! Brian is exactly right. 500 hp is absolutely nothing if it's moving 12,000 lbs... The only way to truly measure a car's potential is to find out its power-to-weight ratio...

If I had $20k to throw away, I would buy that without question. It's local to me too :santa:

no SHawn. This is a mint racing 360. If I read that page right, it has 1 mile on it. Was built for racing, but was never raced.

Sure, WRX's are nice and all... but this is a one of a kind Racing 360. Not even a STi would make me turn my head.

Even if I needed a heart transplant, and saved $20,000 for it... i would blow it all on that 360.

-Brian

I never knocked the hatch. I would love to have a hatch. Hell... i cant turn down any subaru. Even a Justy.

But you line up 3 subaru's side by side.

Racing 360, WRX Sti, lifted hatch...

I'd pick the racing 360 ANY DAY. Even if it did make stock power of 25hp.

I know on Gran Turismo 2 i can buy a 25hp 360 and make 125hp with a stage 1 turbo kit :)

-Brian

75 hp is reasonable out of that engine, if you have the money. My 500cc snowmachine can be modified to over 125hp. I bet you could get real close to 100 if you put on a turbo kit, some fatty expansion chambers, and dual 40mm carbs.

With 75hp, that car would have about the same power to weight ratio as a WRX. Not to mention the fact that being a 2-cycle, the top end is just wicked.

I have read about snowmachine turbo kits in magazines. Apparently, they can double the horsepower or something like that if done right. I don't know if they lower the compression or anything else internal as part of the deal. 25hp stock for a 360cc two cycle is pretty resticted. My dad's sled makes 36 hp stock and it's a 300 with a single carb and not the most free-flowing exhaust.

It's possible to get INSANE power out of two-cycle motors.