Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NORFOLKCORNROWS

EA82 QUESTIONS

Guest NORFOLKCORNROWS

ok everyone i popped the disty cap and looked for the rotor to spin and it didnt, nor did i get oil pressure when i cranked it for 30 seconds......so i know for a fact its the timing belt...now the only problem is i have no idea what kind of subaru i have, all i know is that its a 4 door, sedan, with ea82 on the engine.....ive been calling everywhere asking for belts and to no avail........but i have been asking for belts for the 1.6, maybe i cant find it because i have a 1.8? is this so....please helppppppp, and are there 2 belts?

Guest calebz

EA82 is a 1.8, and yes, there are 2 belts.. the one that is broken is the drivers side, but if you are going to replace it, may as well do both.

Guest NORFOLKCORNROWS

thats a mill caleb, ok now napa is charging 22 per belt, is that a good deal, or do you know of a place that might be cheaper

Guest chef tim

Don't skimp on T-belts!!!!!! Also you might as well replace the water and oil pumps and the front seal. Be sure to inspect the belt tentioners, replace them if there is play or their locked up!!! Tim

Guest jon61484

yeah, if you can spare the money, while your at your belts, you might as well go for the water and oil pump(s).

Guest Flowmastered87GL

Its worth the money for the genuine subaru timing belts, they last alot longer than the other ones