Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2.2 Liter Conversion for EA82

Shadyirishmen

We are doing a 2.2 liter conversion in an EA82 wagon and doing a thorough documentation of the process on www.alliedarmament.com . The main question we have about doing this conversion is what clutch, Flywheel and pressure plate should we use in the conversion? Its either the one from the EA 82 gets bolted to the 2.2 or the 2.2 keeps its assembly. Im not really sure and I would like to know if anyone has any information regarding the subject. Thanks JM

To do this Conversion you need an Adapter Kit That I build and Sell.....This Kit is In the process of being Patented So others Will not COPY it and Call it their Idea.....

A Question for you ....? Is the Blue Wagon on your Site the one that Stuffed the front bumper in the big Pit at the Show Last Summer....???

I'd Think of Selling This Kit to you, But am Afraid it would end up the same way Your bought BYB kit did.....????

John

John

I dont think you have to worry about any theft from us. We didnt steel anything from BYB and also were making sure that before we release are lift kit to the public that it is not like the BYB kits being sold by PK. As for the guy who stuffed his front bumper in the pit (that was albie my business partner) the one who owns the blue subaru. I am sure that you saw some of his suspension elements in his vehicle and that they are very different than those of the BYB lift, especially the rear suspension design. Although albie is fairly smart mechanically he is not an engineer and nor am I and I have been working hand n hand with engineers I go to school with to make sure that are kit is able to handle the stress and forces that people are going to put them through, also I want to make sure that all of our components are built correctly and will not seperate under use due to poor welds. That is why most of our manufacturing is going to be outsourced to various metal fab shops because there are some things we cannot do like lazer cut the strut support... Anyways, I am very interested in checking out your adapter plate and if it is needed I will purchase one. Also I have sent you a personal message inquiring about meeting with you because I currently only live about 40 minutes away, so if you want to talk we can talk in person. Thanks JM

To do this Conversion you need an Adapter Kit That I build and Sell.....This Kit is In the process of being Patented So others Will not COPY it and Call it their Idea.....

A Question for you ....? Is the Blue Wagon on your Site the one that Stuffed the front bumper in the big Pit at the Show Last Summer....???

I'd Think of Selling This Kit to you, But am Afraid it would end up the same way Your bought BYB kit did.....????

John

Pictures are worth a thousand words...

http://community.webshots.com/album/134929361hUEpcw

Ok... i will try and answer a few of these questions....

- I will be more than happy to send the template out to someone else who can distribute it to everyone else over there who might need it. How exactly i can get the template there i am un-sure as yet.

- Adapter plate is 12mm thick.... apparently that is the exact length that the Ej22 bell housing is shorter than the ea82 bell housing. This means by adding the adapter plate, it then makes the ej22 bell housing the exact size of an ea82 bell housing. After doing that you can drill out the ea82 flywheel stud pattern bolt holes so it bolts directly to the ej22 engine(no spacer needed). Then use the entire ea82 clutch set up on the flywheel. That also alows u to use the ea82 thrust bearing and everything and use the ea82 or ea81 starter motors without problems.

I hope this helps

Dave