Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'84 Brat 6 Lug Conversion Question

Sorry if I seem a little newbie, I am a new Subaru Brat Owner.

I would like to do the 6 Lug conversion but I have no access to the machinery needed to do it. I have a few questions that I thought maybe some of you could help me with.

Where should I take the hubs?

What information should I give them? Would this info be enough? http://www.subarubrat.com/6lugconv.htm

Instead, if someone experienced on this list would be so kind I could ship my hubs to them and have them perform the conversion and pay them for their time and the cost of shipping them back.

Thank You

- Harv

Check with your local machine shops. When I had mine done, they asked for a sample rim as well, so they couls match them up. Just say that you want to convert to a 6 lug setup and take that sheet of SubaruBrat's in with you. Just explain what you want and it should turn out pretty well. If they try to charge you an insane amount (I was quoted 770$ the first time I went into a machine shop here in Reno) Tell them to forget it. Also try to contact Archemitis, he's doing 6 lug conversions for people. search in the marketplace for 6 lug conversion and you should get it.

• 4 weeks later...