Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Snow, salt = holey loyale

Greetings to everyone.....After years of trying to pry information from my local

dealers, I'm stunned to discover this community... many thanks to all.

My (4th sube) 2WD 90 Loyale is rotting as most do in E. Canadian cities.(There are 2 others locally, both terminal) If I can find someone to do some welding I may be able to save it....local bodyshops are not really interested. Are used quarter panels available in the US, or better? just the wheel arches? Rocker panels? Are aftermarket of sufficient gauge? Will wreckers save bits from cars they wreck?

I found similar cars (autotrader) in Washington, Oregon and California: I wonder if anyone has any advice on finding, and getting one across the border. The body is the big issue: shortblock engines, new crated, have been on sale up here! I have some family on Vancouver Island and so a trip west is due. Is there a big difference in MPG between the 4WD/2WD?

I have many questions on all subjects, so need to do some extensive reading on the site, but the level of knowledge is spectacular, as is the generosity of spirit. Snow's nearly gone, time to get out the axlestands and get to the steering rack!

Any one with a similar vehicle in my neck of the woods?

Best wishes to all Pete in Toronto

If you can find one rust-free (or nearly so) you should be able to cut/weld anything you want between them - keep in mind though, I live about 1,000 miles south of you, and they still rust here - I just sand/rust-oleum it on the underside whenever it seems bad

yes there is a fuel economy diff. btwn 2WD and 4WD, but it's not too bad

Greetings to everyone.....After years of trying to pry information from my local

dealers, I'm stunned to discover this community... many thanks to all.

My (4th sube) 2WD 90 Loyale is rotting as most do in E. Canadian cities.(There are 2 others locally, both terminal) If I can find someone to do some welding I may be able to save it....local bodyshops are not really interested. Are used quarter panels available in the US, or better? just the wheel arches? Rocker panels? Are aftermarket of sufficient gauge? Will wreckers save bits from cars they wreck?

I found similar cars (autotrader) in Washington, Oregon and California: I wonder if anyone has any advice on finding, and getting one across the border. The body is the big issue: shortblock engines, new crated, have been on sale up here! I have some family on Vancouver Island and so a trip west is due. Is there a big difference in MPG between the 4WD/2WD?

I have many questions on all subjects, so need to do some extensive reading on the site, but the level of knowledge is spectacular, as is the generosity of spirit. Snow's nearly gone, time to get out the axlestands and get to the steering rack!

Any one with a similar vehicle in my neck of the woods?

Best wishes to all Pete in Toronto

Hey welcome! always good to see another Canuck.

By one in BC for sure, I've bought many cheap wagon's on the island. The twagon in my sig I found with a blown auto trannie for 800 bucks [and I was going to ditch the trannie anyways] no rust and a solid motor with all the GL-10 goodies too . Alot of bargains to be found out here.

Hey welcome! always good to see another Canuck.

By one in BC for sure, I've bought many cheap wagon's on the island. The twagon in my sig I found with a blown auto trannie for 800 bucks [and I was going to ditch the trannie anyways] no rust and a solid motor with all the GL-10 goodies too . Alot of bargains to be found out here.

Hi and thanx. Someone mentioned an all sube wreckers around Nanaimo?

Have you heard of it?

Hi and thanx. Someone mentioned an all sube wreckers around Nanaimo?

Have you heard of it?

Yeah that's Bill Potts place, Saltair, in Chemainus I think, I've been there a few times slim pickin's right now. We have a Buy and Sell auto classifieds on the island that's got about 12 subes for sale in it right now, mostly 85-90's spfi's around 1200 obo. If you're coming out then I'd buy one once you hit the island in any gas staion or convenience store. Always alot to choose from although not as many turbo ru's in there these days:-\.