Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Custom fit a-pillar pod

Caboobaroo

I recently got a 3 gauge a-pillar pod from a guy over on NASIOC for 20 bucks shipped. My goal was to modify it to fit into the RX since I need something to hold all of my wonderful gauges in a nice visible spot. Well it took me about a half hour, a hacksaw, and a file and I got it mounted all nicely in the car. Almost looks like it came this way from Autometer!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/302403464/310448772MeSsZX

What do y'all think?

Yes I know, the dash is still torn apart because I'm still trying to get the rest of the wiring from the automatic out of there:rolleyes:

Hmm i just tried it and the pic came up. Maybe its your computer Caleb:-p

Nope.. tried it on 3 of the 5 computers here.. Its working now though.. was probably the crappy hosting service you like to use :-p

Doesn't look too bad.. I Looked at using the same pod at one time and determined it was just too big for an EA82 car.. sure it can fit (as you have shown).. but the gauges stuck out too far IMO.

Not too bad though.. it uhh.. goes well with the steering wheel and shifter....

I think it fit pretty good. Make sure the guages light so you can strike fear into the hondas :cool:

Like the guy who was caught doing 140+ in is civic, on 205 the other night? He's too stupid to strike fear into.

yes it will be the same color as the rest of the interior... or the rest of the interior will be the same color as it. I'm still kinda undecided...

i think replacing or repainting dash an rest of the interior would be easier then painting the pod ;)

i need to pick a guage an pod up so i can keep an eye on the oil pressure,plus i wanna hook up a volt meter to moniter the voltage going to my amp.

Gauge pods are so 2002.

totally dude, I'm going heads up display from an F-16

actually, I tried to get one of those things to work in the Brat, after several hours f@#%^&g around with the heat gu, I ended up twisting the damn thing into a knot and throwing it across the shop in a fit of rage!!!!

bottom line is, they no worky in gen 1 brat

garner

I had that idea as well Garner. My friend had a Nissan Maxima with a HUD for its speedo. I dont think it would be too hard if thought out properly. Only thing I havent figured out is how to wire pressure sensors to a Intel Celeron 866 :)

What year did The Fast & The Furious come out? Was that 2002 :lol:

-Brian

• 5 months later...

gauges that I'm going to install will be all Autometer Phantom gauges. In the A-pillar pod, I'm going to have 1. Boost gauge, 2. A/F ratio gauge, and 3. EGT gauge.

I'm also installing some more gauges in the dash and they'll be 1. water temp, 2. oil temp, and 3. oil pressure.