Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Tom63050

lift/mods/tires for my Soob. I missed the FAQ. . .

Thinking of doing the PK Davis 3" lift thing to my Loyale, and want to get feedback on the largest tires for 15" rims that will fit under the stock uncut fenders/wheelwells.

Car will be for road use only (probably), so I shouldn't be bottoming out the struts or anything.

Thanks.

I kneed to know what is the biggest tires you can fit on a 85 GL

I would like for them to be pretty agressive to since i do a lot of off roading.

By the way i have the ground clearance ajusters all the way up and have a set,but not on,of 14" rims

I kneed to know what is the biggest tires you can fit on a 85 GL

I would like for them to be pretty agressive to since i do a lot of off roading.

By the way i have the ground clearance ajusters all the way up and have a set,but not on,of 14" rims

Try the ever popular F A Q sticky.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24980

It just hit me how similar this is to "how fast can I go?"

Same answer; as much time and money you are willing to put into it :) The Offroad FAQ should get you in the ball park of what can fit.

i have a 85Gl and i was going to put a lift on and get new tires for it, and what is the best tire?

I do drive on road a lot but drive off road almost as much.

Are super swamper SSR's noisy?

What about BFG's?

by the way 14" rims and 3 inch lift.

BFG... what? AT? TA? MT? :-\

AT's are quiet. TA's are wussier than the AT's so I'd imagine they are quiet. Never heard their MT's above 15mph.

BFG mt's arn't that noisey on the road - at least compared with other mud trerrains. You could barely hear them in my mates 40 series landcruiser (drowned out by other noises).

Yah its a pretty good calc. Don't get me wrong though the Miata tire calc is good in its own way also. It's GREAT for comparing two different sized tires to see how they are different from one another. I really wish the Miata one had everything all inclusive :brow: Have not realy dug around on the net much though; there just might be an ultimate supremo tire calculator out there!

Yah its a pretty good calc. Don't get me wrong though the Miata tire calc is good in its own way also. It's GREAT for comparing two different sized tires to see how they are different from one another. I really wish the Miata one had everything all inclusive :brow: Have not realy dug around on the net much though; there just might be an ultimate supremo tire calculator out there!

Are they right?

They seem a litle low though

When i get my wagon lifted and with all-terains on it,

will it still ride pretty good. Will i still be able to use as a daily driver?

I hope so

Yes, but you will loose a little power depending on what size tire your running. Bigger tires inadvertintly change your gear ratios.