Ultimate Subaru Message Board

code 14

ignition pulse system would be related to the crank angle sensor on a SPFI/later model car - it has nothing to do with yours - even for the 1985 FI cars, it meant MAF sensor problem

I looked your problem up in my 1985 FSM (factory service manual) - is your trouble code comming from the ECU or the dash ECS light? - it should be comming from the ECU O2 monitor light on the front - if it flashes the ECS light, it means your test connectors were not disconnected - if it is the O2 sensor light, then you probably have a bad ECU - there is a vehicle designation code 12 (auto 2WD 49-state) and code 15 (4-speed 2WD 49-state), but no code 14

the ECU is not critical to the operation of your car as it is a carbed car - I know some board members have unplugged theirs and prefer to run without one

its coming from the light on the ecu itself

I was running without the ecu but without the ecu I can't get the idle below 1800 rpm :\

ignition pulse system would be related to the crank angle sensor on a SPFI/later model car - it has nothing to do with yours - even for the 1985 FI cars, it meant MAF sensor problem

I looked your problem up in my 1985 FSM (factory service manual) - is your trouble code comming from the ECU or the dash ECS light? - it should be comming from the ECU O2 monitor light on the front - if it flashes the ECS light, it means your test connectors were not disconnected - if it is the O2 sensor light, then you probably have a bad ECU - there is a vehicle designation code 12 (auto 2WD 49-state) and code 15 (4-speed 2WD 49-state), but no code 14

the ECU is not critical to the operation of your car as it is a carbed car - I know some board members have unplugged theirs and prefer to run without one