Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm trying to buy a used Subaru, specifically a 2000 Outback Limited Edition. (I know this might sound trivial, but it's a way of seeing whether the dealer is trying to swindle me.) Is the CD player a standard feature on the 2000 Outback Limited Edition, or is it optional? The dealer listed it on his site as being one of the accessories in the car, but when I saw the car, it wasn't there... :(

If anyone could help me, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you so much for your time, and have a great day!

~Lisa

I'm trying to buy a used Subaru, specifically a 2000 Outback Limited Edition. (I know this might sound trivial, but it's a way of seeing whether the dealer is trying to swindle me.) Is the CD player a standard feature on the 2000 Outback Limited Edition, or is it optional? The dealer listed it on his site as being one of the accessories in the car, but when I saw the car, it wasn't there... :(

If anyone could help me, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you so much for your time, and have a great day!

~Lisa

Check out this website... It's fairly intuitive... http://www.cars101.com/

Where abouts in "Upstate" NY are you located ???

Sorry I don't know about the CD player, but

A dealer trying to swindle someone, particuarly a woman?

Yea, I know the answer to that one.

As soon as my dealer accepted my offer, I knew I paid too much for mine.

Do your homework.

Deal with them. Obviously you'll have to deduct $600 from the price if the CD player isn't there. The tires look a little worn. I couldn't possibly pay what you're asking for that. How are the head gaskets? Will you throw in the extended warranty for me? The 2005's are already out. That makes this at least 5 years old. How long have you had this dog on your lot? Can I see the maintenance records. It looks like it's almost time for the xxx mile service. Oh well, I don't know. Let me ask my husband and think about it. If you can do any better, here's my phone number.

Don't worry about the CD player and good luck.

Isn't "Upstate" what they call everything not NYC? :brow:

for the most part... But's there's OH so much more than NYC in New York...

Niagara Falls... Barge Canal... Genesee Beer... Nick Tahou's... The sinking Rochester to Toronto "Fast" Ferry... What else... LOT'S OF TAXES !!!