Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone buy the EA81T Convertible?

Well, I wasn't even planning on bidding on it, I told my wife I wanted to get on to see what happened in the last few minutes of it. Then, I wanted to see what they guy who had been the high bid for 4 days max bid was, So I bid it up to 2800. Then I said to my wife I am going to bid it up to 3500, and she said 'ok" thinking any minute it was going to go wild. But the other person just keep inching up $150 at a time. The auction ended at $3550, and about 10 sec later my wife said " What it at?" I said $3550. She said "are you going to outbid it?" and I said no it over.

I probably could have got it for under $4000, but we just hadn't even talked about it, and I had not heard back from the seller to see it he could keep it there for 3-4 weeks, while I scheduled to come down.

Ow well, still got the one in the garage.

Yeah, ratz! I was on-line doing my taxes (which took all day) and I completely spaced it. And to make matters worse, I got back more than enough to buy it, fly down and drive it home.

What an idiot! (me, the idiot was me, not the seller ... I really meant to snipe it, just forgot all about it doing the Turbo-Tax Tango)

I probably will email the person. After researching it, it was someone in Nevada. Wasn't sure it wasn't mtsmiths, at the time so that was also a reason for hesitation, didn't want to push the price up for the hell of it.

But if I wasn't there he would have got it for $2650.

Doesn't look like the person is a wheeler/dealer based on his purchases, so I doubt he will put it up for resale, like the guy with the 42k Turbo BRAT is doing.