Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Brat Owners in Tucson, Arizona!!!

Hello!! Our names are Eli and Jessica. We are an engaged couple living in Tucson, Arizona! We just bought an 84 Subaru Brat!!! We just wanted to say high to everyone on the board here. Also, to see if there is any other Subaru 4wd people here in Toostoned Arizona??? The brat came with a Gen 1 Top that we want to sell.. or if worse comes to worse donate to a good home... We also own a 98 Legacy 2.5 GT if there is any street Subaru people here that would like to hang out sometime.

-Eli and Jessica-

i'm in yuma. but all my subarus are offroaders. welcome!!

Roo - That's cool. We just got this 84 Brat. It's all stock right now.. But we'll be fixin it up over time. It's our offroader. Hopefully we'll have finished patching the exhaust by this weekend so we can get it through emission and licensed. We can't wait to get back out in the desert to do some good off roadin'... the legacy just doesn't cut it in these rocks :grin: Anyway.. let me know if there's any good off roadin on the weekends around these parts.. You can only have so much fun when you're only 1 subie out there.

-Eli and Jessica-

P.S. We have 5 spare tires incase of flats while rompin. :banana:

haven't been out to tuscan to do much wheeling. tons of it down here in yuma area. i do have gps coordinates for some trails down in your area.

i've been meaning to go do more trails out that way and pheonix. i'm still patching my subaru back together slowly. broke a bunch of stuff and left it that way before i went to iraq... so i'm slowly repairing and fixing her up to go wheeling. hopefully by next month she'll be able to go out and play again.

i do have gps coordinates for some trails down in your area. ... hopefully by next month she'll be able to go out and play again.

Cool. I know of some good trails around here... but dont have gps :-p There is some nice stuff of varying difficulty up Reddington Pass to the North East of Tucson... And I know where there is a LOT of different kind of stuff down south of here near Mexico around a little town called Arivaca where I grew up... We have a Yamaha Blaster ATV too (As soon as we get that piston for it anyway)... Maybe we'll be able to set somethin up this summer.....

sweet i'd love to do something this summer. a little hot out. how warm does it get in tuscon? i know summer heat here gets up around 125 degrees... a little warm for the roo. i'll be doing some hood modifications to try to combat that. but... still gonna be warm.

Hi, nice to see more subys in Az. I live in Prescott. I have both gen 1 and 2 brats. What kind of shape is the shell in? I am doing a job down in Tuscon right now. Out Tanque Verde way. I drive down and usually work for 7 to 9 days then go home. I have been driving my '87 brat, it does pretty well (especially since the gas prices have gone up).

'78 and '87 Brat, Dave.

Eli and Jessica, Nice job getting a brat. I'm new to the board and just bought a 81 brat. I would love to take that top off your hands, but I live in oregon and don't have cash until summer rolls around. oh well. :slobber:

Eli and Jessica, Nice job getting a brat. I'm new to the board and just bought a 81 brat. I would love to take that top off your hands, but I live in oregon and don't have cash until summer rolls around. oh well. :slobber:

Check your Private Messages.

Oh goody, another Arizonian! I live down here in Sierra Vista, abouts 90 miles south of Tucson. Know of any good junkyards there? I usually goto Beep Beep, but lately they're Soob stock is gettin pretty low.

There's a couple yards with a couple soobs.. It's pretty hit and miss... I got 4 wheels/tires for 40 bux from millie's off a late 80's turbo wagon... and there is a dude at a yard but i dunno the name of it who is into subaru's... I'm gonna go check him out this week and see what kinda leads he has on roo parts... He gave me an air box lid for FREE for the brat!!! Do you need me to look for anything for you?? I'm currently job less so i have some free time...

Hey, I'm in the same boat! Jobless, that is. I'm currently working on converting my carby wagon to SPFI. I am planning on running up there some time this week to pick up a EGR solenoid, purge control valve and an air control valve. Acually, I'll prolly pick up a few. Dat way I have a few spares for mine and my brothers' roos.

We should get together and do some off-roading together some time.