Ultimate Subaru Message Board

center cap dissapointment :(

I bought some center caps from a member of the board, and they won't work for my car. I spent an hour cleaning them up because they had black overspray on them, and then took them out to put on the car and they won't work on the back rims with the drum brakes :( I could make them work for the front rims if I bend the tabs out, but what's the point if you can't put on all 4? :banghead: What a waste of money :-\ Anybody need some stainless center caps? All shined up and nowhere to go.......

if you could that would be great - I had the old "wagon wheels" before I switched to aluminum alloys - had to have the rings - don't know for sure about the other steel rims - problem was, most shops around here are VERY sloppy, and they were broken almost every time the car went in the shop for anything to do with the tires

this goes in line with what i just went through...got some chrome center caps from austin and from the pap, some chrome trim rings from the pap, and some acorns from the pap, shined everything up nice and........front chrome centers went on fine but the rears wont...brian the guru says they will fit the wgn wheels but not the normal steelies in the rear....:( so, i too have extra chrome center caps, am now looking for one more trim ring and four baby moons :D

btw, brians had some of those plastic thingies...

actually those are fro the steely wheels i think i have a set of the same exact ones on the 87 hatch i just bought and its got the steal wheels on it, i tried to see if they would fit on my wagon wheels on my 85 wagon and they wont fit still have the same clearance issue on the back tire. the ea82 ones are shorter prongs with a fatter top piece on them i can get a pic of that type if you want to see what they look like

if you want to see the type of wheels i have those type on look at my post (my new 100 sooby)

the first pic is of how my steal wheels on my hatch are set up they have that big metal lip as part of it for those old style ones.so i need no trim ring for that style.

the 2nd and 3rd pic of are both side by side, the one that you will want is the one on the left, you need the plastic trim ring for these i believe, or at least i do on my wagon wheels.

IM001070.jpg

IM001073.jpg

IM001076.jpg

well i may be wrong on steelies, on my 87 parts car i had the steelies and just had stock subaru hubcaps on them.you could try to find a set of those if the steelies wont accept either center cap. the one on the back tire are the ones i had, had a full set of them but didnt figure anybody would want them so i let them go with the car when it went to the scrapyard, sorry if you had wanted them

IM001009.jpg

i seen some pretty simular at walmart the other day for i think it was about $20, hubcaps have really gone down in price unless you are looking for the ghettofab spinner-hubs those are still rediculous, the super walmarts seem to have a better selection for pretty cheap. good luck and sorry if i knew someone might want them i would have hung onto them