Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anybody have the wiring diags to a 87 gl 3at and a 88 gl 5sp d/r 4wd?

My bother and I swapped the 3at out of his 87 gl wagon with a 5sp d/r out of a 88 gl wagon. We were able to figure out the reverse lights, but we can't find which wires are for the 4wd indicator on the dash. We know which wires for 4hi and 4low on the tranny, but which wires turn on the dash light on the car? Anybody have like the wiring part of an FSM for an 87 GL 3AT?

Thanks!

I've got a generic wiring diagram for those models (like.. combined e.g. manual not seperated from auto, and its for 86, 87 models) and a supplement for the 4wd wiring system (which is connected to the window wipers if you do it as this suggests, my old touring wagon never went into 4wd when i turned the wipers on... but thats for another day), if no one has anything better to offer. It's connected to the ninth pin from the left (blue/green) with a black/red on its left and green/black on its right on the huge instrument cluster connector.

See if those wires are on your car... You could try connecting it up and see if the 4wd indictor light comes on. I can scan these in for you... but my time is very valuable (i just spent ten minutes looking that up for you):) [scanners give me the ************s]

Ok,we found one of the connectors under the hood would turn on the light, however it also dims the rest of the dash lights and dome light. I'll see if I can trace that wire from the cluster under the dash to undr the hood. Blue/black, I wonder if it's normally hot or normally ground? Thanks!