Ultimate Subaru Message Board

clutch and gas pedal adjustment ?

ok got my 87 hatch going now i have a question, where should i look first to adjust the pedals. the clutch grabs just barely off the floor and the gas pedal seems to be way to low as well, i keep either giving it too much gas or not enough and stall it. both pedals are also fairly hard to push as well, or at least compared to my wagon they are, alot more pressure is needed to get them to work at all. the gas pedal seems fine at the carb if im giving it gas at the carb.

thanks in advance Eric

teh clutch cablemay need tightening. the cable should be just snug enough to take the slack out of the throw out fork, and any additional turns to set the pedal height.

turnng the clutch cable a few turns will do. but you want to check it every couple turns as a little bit of thread makes a lot of adjustment

you will need a 10 and a 12mm wrench. turn the 10 nut to unlock it and adjust the 12mm nut. if the cable spins put a vise grop in the metal end of the sheath

the throttle cable under the air cleaner there are a 12mm nut on either side of the mont. loosen one side and turn the other side to adjust it

hey miles that fixed the clutch great now thanks!, the accellerator prob ended up being because the idiot that sold the car to the guy i bought it from didnt run the cable through that upper part where it connects in the carb. the guy i bought it from thinks he knows cars, but he still drove it like that with a real sudden surge for almost 4 months lol. and once i looked at it for myself i found it real quickly lol