Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1998 OB wagon W/105k it was hit in the front end but if the gal hadn't told me I would have never know........$6995. I drove it and it runs well, A/c is cool, electric locks don't work?? just wondering what you guys over here thought. Thanks, Tim

Guest lothar34

That's a lot of mileage for 5 years. Does she have maintenance records?

Has the timing belt been changed yet?

First thing I asked, she (small dealer) didn't know. The brakes looked like they could use turned and pads but other then that "seemed" mechanicaly sound.

105K in 5 years, that's not bad, that a little over 20k a year. Heck I put almost 30k on my car every year (most of it freeway driving). I think that the average miles per year is between 15k and 20k, so that isn't too bad, I certainly wouldn't say it was high, just slightly above average. Is it on a salvage title??

Insurance companies/rental car places/dealers call the average yearly mileage 12-15k. Still, 20k per year isn't too bad. After all it is a subaru!

We decided to pass on this one, we need to get a little more debt cleared up before we jump into a newer car. Thanks for all the in put though...... Tim