Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The good, the bad, and the ugly. (Engine has run!!)

Guest NoahDL88

Guest NoahDL88

I got the engine in, thanks Austin:D and i ran into two problems, my timing is so far off that it pings and is hard to get started, and it backfires like a mother:mad: , the fuel pump only runs when the old disty is turning so i need to rewire the pump so it comes on with the ignition switch, after that it should be good to go, then with a new timing light i should get the timing to a resonable setting and then there will be no stopping the subaru bwahaa bwahaa bwahaa:evil:

Guest GlCraigGT

which flywheel did you end up using? I've heard that the timming marks are in a different spot on an EA82 then an EA81 flywheel.

Guest NoahDL88

I used the EA-82 flywheel, i don't know about the timing marks but i plan on at least finding TDC and marking that with whiteout or somthing of that sort so i can figure out 8 degrees timing

Guest GlCraigGT

You might want to talk to Rguyver, he converted his EA81 over to SPFI. Last time i talked to him he was running it at 20 degrees, but he modified the SPFI distributor to fit an EA81.