Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RX gets new shoes!

Will, the Miata convertor says that they are 25.7" diameter vs. 23.2" for a stock 185/75R13. What are the manufacturer's specs for diameter?

SNAP! I accidentally punched in 185/70/15 :o

No wonder...woops.

so its 2.5 inches.

Those are Khumo Ecsta V710s. Those are good for about 80~100 autox runs...about 20~25 autox's, they are a DOT legal tire, with a stated treadwear of 50....they ARE a true R compund tire. Really nice on the track as well as autox.

Those cost us about $180 each from The Tire Rack.

However...these are going on a WRX in reality....BUT...they WILL be test fitted on the RX. I seriously doubt I'll have much issue once I get the proper offset/back spacing for the wheels and the ride height correct. From there its just a matter of some fiberglass to make a widebody kit or just some simple flares for it.

Well, just think....if 315/35/17's are almost good enough for a 2400 lb RWD M3 Lighweight....then 335/35/17s are going to be THE MATCH for a 2600 AWD car...that and with the INSANE tire grip and light weight, the tires wont get destroyed as fast and Joel's car is going thru tires(ESP spec STi on 285/30/18's).

Well, just think....if 315/35/17's are almost good enough for a 2400 lb RWD M3 Lighweight....then 335/35/17s are going to be THE MATCH for a 2600 AWD car...that and with the INSANE tire grip and light weight, the tires wont get destroyed as fast and Joel's car is going thru tires(ESP spec STi on 285/30/18's).
Wouldn't a 2600 lb AWD car need less tire than a lighter RWD car?

because a heavier car will need more tire grip to be as fast as a lighter car. AWD RWD FWD doesnt matter in the case of weight vs tire grip
For lateral G's yes. But I was thinking along the lines of more tires putting the power to the ground, is all.

For lateral G's yes. But I was thinking along the lines of more tires putting the power to the ground, is all.

Well..when you've got 675 HP..you need all the tire you can get. The 335's will even go up in smoke in RWD...and certinly they will break loose in AWD.