Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Legacy GT stuff vs. Outback stuff

Damn True

The outback struts are longer the springs maybe longer too. If you put GT stuff in, you would lower your ride height. If you are looking for better struts, KYB makes some for the Outback. I'm not sure about better springs. Also look into a bigger rear swaybar. The outback has the largest stock ones so you would need to go aftermarket to get a bigger one.

not meaning to hijack this thread,so does outback struts bolt right in .i'm sure i'll have to switch out the tops for the ones on my struts.

i own a 94 legacy gt wagon an would like to give it a couple inches with out the lift.don't want to go that extreme yet.

ya the outback has a 18mm rear sway bar stock, the plain-jane legacies only have 14mm stock in the rear, help counteract the merciless understeer that awd gives us. as far as struts and springs, the outback i believe does have like 2'' longer strut/spring combo, and might be a bit stiffer too.

~Josh~