Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ignition amp wiring?

quick question for anyne who knows how these things work! ok first off am i right that it grounds through the bracket? now ive got to wires going in (black and blue) and two coming out (black and white) one of them has to get siggnal from the ecu and one has to go to the coil so if anyone can give me a rundown of which wire is which that would help me immensly thanks Ty

Sorry I spent all night removing, cutting, fitting, and welding up my new exhuast with Archemitis lastnight and didnt' get a chance to look over the wiring. Hopefully I will have time tonight.

Maybe someone with an FSM could look before then ;)

While getting ready for offroading this weekend up north I rememberd to check out the wiring for you :)

black/white and yellow from ECU to ignitor. black/white from ignitor to + on coil and blue from ignitor to - on coil.

black/white from ECU to + on coil. Yellow from ECU to - on coil.

Hope that clears it up for ya! :drunk:

ok so weve got a wire going from pin 37 of the ecu to the ignitor then another wire from ecu to ignitor the the blue wire from the ignitor to coil(-) black/white to coil (+). annnd finally a wire directly from ecu to coil(+)

so what is the other wire from the ecu to ignitor? pin 37 should be the output to trigger the ignitor and coil, then there is the question of what the wire from the ecu to coil is for? if you could help me out that would be great im getting in over my head thanks ty

I'm not familiar with the PIN out on any ECU so we have hit my limitation of knowledge there. Archemitis has wired up several Subaru EFI engines and might know exactly where these wires go to on the ECU. What I can tell you for sure is:

black/white from ECU to ignitor

yellow from ECU to ignitor

black/white from ECU to + on coil

yellow from ECU to - on coil

black/white from ingitor to + on coil

blue from ignitor to - on coil

So you should have two black/white wires on + at coil

Yellow and blue on - at coil

You'll figure it out :drunk: