Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fellow Alaskans help me Please

I dont know if this is the right place to ask but I need some help. Where on the Kenai Peninsula (outside of Homer) is a good subaru mechanic. Mine curnet one is a rump roast, I dont think he knows anything about Subarus. I could get up to Anchorage but that means a two day trip. I also need a body shop to deal with the rust. Please help me. I love my subaru. I done all I can but she needs.

This is a BIG cry for HELP from Homer. Dont let my baby die.

Thee's a really good mechanic in Soldotna as you head out of town toward Nikiski. He's on the left side of the street with a sign that says oil changes for subarus $10. That's right, $10 for oil and a new oem Subaru filter. He has 2 360's and a bunch of parts cars out back. He'll fix you up. He was one of the founders of AAA Subaru in Anchorage, but had a falling out. I think his shop is AAA-1 Subaru. Look in the phone book.

I thought there was no help for rust in Alaska! Was in Anchorage on a trip years ago and rented a little beater from Ugly Duckling. The two guys in back had to sit close together cuz' it was so rusted through that when it rained water came up through the holes in the left rear fender and soaked the seat from the bottom up. LOL

I thought there was no help for rust in Alaska! Was in Anchorage on a trip years ago and rented a little beater from Ugly Duckling. The two guys in back had to sit close together cuz' it was so rusted through that when it rained water came up through the holes in the left rear fender and soaked the seat from the bottom up. LOL

Answer = Helly Hanson:lol:

I call the guy up he basicly said cuase that sense it is a turbo that it wont last to much longer and that I shoudnt dump whole lot of money it to it. Is this true? I had big plans for the car like putting a lift on it and a nice system in it. What should I do? I'm a big girl and not prone to crying but I dont want to lose the best car I have ever had. Does any one know what he means or hear of this? All I need to do is the wiring to the headlights.

You will have to decide how much is too much to spend. We don't know all the things that need to be done to this car. The car may be worth a couple of thousand if everything was ok with it. If you want to spend more than it is worth then you can either go for it, or look for something else to invest in.

pay my gas to get down there any back to fairbanks, and I'll get you fixed up for the right price

Stay away from AAA-Subaru. Those Commy bastards.... I've worked on 8 AAA-subaru cars... JUNK! They leave parts out, so on and so forth.

They wanted me to pay 600 dollars for a used Y pipe and mid pipe for my wagon a few years back.

pay my gas to get down there any back to fairbanks, and I'll get you fixed up for the right price

Stay away from AAA-Subaru. Those Commy bastards.... I've worked on 8 AAA-subaru cars... JUNK! They leave parts out, so on and so forth.

They wanted me to pay 600 dollars for a used Y pipe and mid pipe for my wagon a few years back.

He's talking about the shop in Anchorage, and just about anyone on the board would mirror those comments, although I don't think they're really commies. More like capitalist pigs.

He's talking about the shop in Anchorage, and just about anyone on the board would mirror those comments, although I don't think they're really commies. More like capitalist pigs.

LOL

Whats funny is that I got her from the AAASubaru shop in Anchorage.

So torxxx all I have to pay is the gas. Sounds good but Im going to be gone for about three weeks.

If this guy is one of the founders of AAA-1, he should be okay. The current owners of the one in Anchorage are greedy bastards, but from the history lessons I've heard from various folks, the original guys were good honest fellows. If the guy does oil changes for $10, I don't think he's the type to rip you off.

As far as the car lasting much longer, that depends on an immense amount of variables. If it's got big rust issues, dump it and bring one up from Washington. If it's a turbo car, it's more sensitive to abuse like overheating, but if it's been taken care of, it shouldn't give you much more trouble than an n/a car.