Ultimate Subaru Message Board

84 subie GL Hard left pull....any ideas? The Wolf

Hi Guys

Ok on the 84 gl wagon I have a left pull, I took the car in for new tires, and Aligiment they put in on the lift and shook everything, Still have the problem.

So when you driving down the road the car pulls to the left hard, any ideas?

And I have a poping noise when I turn, but I have new CV joints.

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Thanks

Derek Wolf

Hmm, sounds very much like a problem of mine - suspension tight, alignment good, still pulls.

Does yours pull all the time? Mine sometimes tracks straight, although not very often.

Do you have a shake/vibration at highway speeds? Mine feels like a very badly balanced wheel.

I believe my problem lies in the front output shafts of the gearbox. When I wiggle the inner CV, it moves up and down considerably. Part of this slop is between the splines and part is the output shaft moving in the gearbox.

try wiggling your inner cv and see how tight it is. If its loose, that might be your problem, if not, ignore all this!

I have a similar problem too!! - though I am still in the process of ruling out the tires - and no popping

mine is more of a vibration that comes and goes (at any speed), but the pull is constant - I am thinking wheel bearing at this point, but I do not know for sure!

so strange... me too!

I have had my 84 Brat for 1 year and hoping in 2 months to tear front apart, replace tie rods, ball joints etc... hoping to fix problem..

My Brat will track, I will turn corner and then it will pull hard right... no popping, all is tight? like it just waunders around? I do have bearings I think making noise on right side but that is new and it has been pulling like I said since I got it a year ago. No vibration and now new tires....seems to run balanced.

No idea...

Dothe EA81's have radius rods in the front? if so, you might want to check the rubber that the ends mount into right at the front of the tranny crossmember. If they cracktoo much, they can cause funny handling. I heard of one in my neighbor hood that would change lanes on its own because the rubber was gone. :eek: