Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81T or EA82T

I have a 1983 Brat with a EA81T and I was thinking of getting a Ea82T for it is it worth the work to convertit or just to rebuil the EA81T? Will I get a lot more power out of the EA82T? And how hard is it to convert it. Is the wire really hard?

Thanks

Wiring would be a farily large task: you would need the entire ea82t loom including the one under the dash.

The ea81t should put out a fair amount of power if some mods are done - i'm in the middle of rebuilding one myself.

Depends on how much is wrong with your ea81t though. If block, and especially heads are ok, then i think you should rebuild it.

I have a 1983 Brat with a EA81T and I was thinking of getting a Ea82T for it is it worth the work to convertit or just to rebuil the EA81T? Will I get a lot more power out of the EA82T? And how hard is it to convert it. Is the wire really hard?

Thanks

Hey kt----Are you swithching out the EA81t because the original problem it had was never cured? If so, that's a shame. We should fix it first.:)