Ultimate Subaru Message Board

free is good!!!

Guest oddcomp

Guest oddcomp

i went garage sale'ing yesterday looking for my usuall car stuff and computer junk

happened on a ea82 spfi/carbed motor asked the guy how much

and he said free

i said sold even helped me toss it in the back of the turbo wagon <sits fairly level now>

so now i have a spare motor to rebuild on piece at a time

for the wifes wagon or should i ever manage to get a rx\

my only problem is

its got heads for carb/spfi

i run turbo/mpfi

anyone need carby style heads that has turbo style they wanna trade?

oh yeah it had a a/c compressor with it anyone need one?

Guest GeneralDisorder

I don't think the heads are the only difference - someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the compression ratio should be different than on a turbo motor. Possibly the cam as well? But I suppose if you rebuilding anyway, those parts can be changed.

GD

Guest oddcomp

yeah i knew bouts the compression thats why if i find a rx i am gonna use a saab apc unit to control boost hehehe

it will run boost till it pings then drop a few psi so i always gets the max i can handle :)

yay

apc might be a bit useless in the wirfe's turbo .. although since its our only car right now i am the only one who normally drives it hmmm

Guest calebz

Hmmm. I have access to one of my old 900 turbos for parts.. I wonder how hard would it be to use the saab apc system on a soob.. I have heard of people converting them for volvos and toyotas, so I know it can be done

Guest Ratty2Subaru

dude! I am looking for some spare heads and block for SPFI!!! and I have a set of turbo heads and misc parts that I dont need! (wanna trade??)

:cool:

what the cond. of the motor/heads? any stripped bolts? cracks?

thanks-

Guest GlCraigGT

i hope this doesn't burst your bubble but there are a couple of differenced in the block of a EA82 turbo compared to the compared to the spfi/carb block.

1. spfi/carb dose not have a place to screw a knock sensor in

2. spfi/carb dose not have the crankcase breather that the turbo has

Guest oddcomp

from inition inspection the block is a: a small greaseball

nothing seems to be stripped

it still sitting in the back of the wagon waiting for me to try and remove it by myself

and from the looks so far no it does not have the holes tapped for said ports and sensors but the bosses appear to be there so drilling and tapping them can be done

i wanna keep the engine block but the heads i have no use for

will be sending email to those who have asked

and no use for the a/c except maybe to turn it into a air comressor

but since the air suspension on the turbo wagon is gone i will just use that compressor

Guest oddcomp

hmm actually if i had a welder and some time i would build a tube frame and use some misc suby body parts to build a fiero ish sized car and mount the motor midengined with a the 5 speed transaxle in a rear wheel type of setup

with the turbo

now that would be a fun car