Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What could be a better tow vehicle than a brat?

look at the pic below.i hooked my brat up to my camper today and towed it down the road for a small repair.towed pretty good considering the brat doesn`t way much more than the trailer.so you can go 4 wheelin while haulin

Did I ever mention how much I hate you???:lol::drunk:

Looks great,I'm turning green!!!!!

Are you going to stop down next Saturday or what???Come on man,you're holding all those cool,vintage Subarus.Your collection is possibly the best going up here.Bring something down and make me sick,I dare you.:D

hm, what makes you think it's fake?

i have to say that it would be pretty unsafe for that dodge to haul that monster at anything faster than 5-10mph; it doesn't weigh nearly enough to stop it effectively.

same sort of goes for your brat/trailer but i understand that you weren't on the highway or anything ;)

i have to say that it would be pretty unsafe for that dodge to haul that monster at anything faster than 5-10mph; it doesn't weigh nearly enough to stop it effectively.

same sort of goes for your brat/trailer but i understand that you weren't on the highway or anything ;)

Just look at the rear tires. What would the tongue weight be for that trailer? The rear tires are not even squatting.

As far as the camp trailer, they only weigh about 500lbs. If it has electric brakes the Sube would only have issues when going up hill.

And...tow rigs don't get any better than a big block powered 'burban.

5100-0001_IMG1.JPG

Just look at the rear tires. What would the tongue weight be for that trailer? The rear tires are not even squatting.

As far as the camp trailer, they only weigh about 500lbs. If it has electric brakes the Sube would only have issues when going up hill.

And...tow rigs don't get any better than a big block powered 'burban.

i dont know if its fake or not but id rather have your suburban than the diesel ones. that 6.2 was a total pos. I had a 84 cucv with one.

The tongue weight of that 50 ton cap. lowboy alone would bottom out that Dodge, let alone the weight of what looks like a D6 with a ripper( 50,000 lbs or more) Plus the thin sidewall monster tires on that truck would explode under that much weight. The 16 tires on the lowboy are 255/70R x 22.5 "H" load range, PSI 125 steel belted radials They are about as close to being solid as you can get.

i`m not sure about tongue weight, but the trailer weighs 2100 pounds.no electric brakes, the truck did all the stopping, the fastest i did was 35 going down the road.it was pretty fun.:cool:

WOW, I wouldn't have guessed that much. Are there trailer brakes options for those? Otherwise, a novel pic for proof but not a good idea to do on a regular basis.

that's what i get for opening my mouth right after getting up in the morning.

aside from your points, ken, look under the trailer in the first pic; there's a blurred section that screams photoshop.. and in the second pic, you can see jackstands or something under the front of it in the shadow. i do like how they revved the truck's engine to produce the exhaust though.

Anybody who has owned a Dodge (particularly newer ones) knows that their automatic transmissions are really crappy - especially in trucks

I recently had to wait in a Dodge dealership while my dad's van was getting repaired (something that has to be done rather frequently) - I saw and heard stuff that was pretty pitiful

whoever he/she is, they better have a manual, or else they will be getting a new transmission in a few hours.

I would put brakes on the trailer (and probably put discs on the rear too - if possible) - 2100lbs is far too much to expect a soob to stop

neat pic all the same tho!

the newer autos that are behind disels are better, but could use some mods to make them better, especially on hevily modified disel engins. Its a cool pic, though I don't think that the rear end would ever survive a load like that.