Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Didn't know XT's were so fun...

Wow...

I bought my XT because 1) it's a good idea to have an extra mode of reliable transportation 2) because I didn't want to see a pristine Subaru fall into unappreciative hands and 3) it's the coolest looking 80's Subaru IMO...

But I didn't know they were this much fun to drive!!!:D No it's not a Vette-killer, but it's still peppy, and the handling is superb! Plus it really feels like a sports car, even though some would argue it's far from it...

Then there's the interior... :brow:

Anyway, I felt like commenting on it, and I'm glad my entrance into the Older Generation is so pleasurable... :bday:

Is your XT an XT Turbo?

Anyhow, there's lots o' little things you could do if you were after making it zip faster along.

And as for the XT being an awesome car, it's aerodynamic, low, and has it's weight distributed pretty well. My car is a light car at around 2350 pounds, but it's not flat and aerodynamic, now is it?

~jon

Yeah, XT's are great. I bought a turbo XT this summer, and it's been down for repairs for quite a while. I ended up buying a nonturbo XT to use as a daily driver just because I hate to see one waste away. Now I'm hooked on the things. I just ordered a model XT on Ebay, hoping to put it together this weekend. :headbang:

Originally posted by subyluvr2212

Wow...

But I didn't know they were this much fun to drive!!!:D No it's not a Vette-killer, but it's still peppy, and the handling is superb! :bday:

In the snow they are !

I recall one snowy day, comming across a Chevy Corvette crabbing down the road, riding the crown on the middle of the road so he wouldn't go in the ditch.

I tell you, it was _no problem_ driving around him with my 4wd Turbo XT equipped with new Cooper Wintermaster snow tires !

Bye bye little 'Vette !!

:banana:

John Wilke

Milwaukee

No it's not turbo, look in my sig, and my avatar shows a non-hoodscooped XT...

But still, I guess I'm one of those people who doesn't have to have gobs of power to enjoy driving a car. Even though it was pouring rain last night, I just put it in 4WD and sped on home. I took the long way home too... :D

I got a 85 xt.Its low wide ,handles like a gokart.

Smooth and stops on a dime.

And when my wife saw it ,i lost the keys:banghead: she drives the kids to school in it...i think i will have to prise the keys out of her dead hands :lol: ..