Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Locker Solution!

Roundeye

I just sent them this e-mail:

Have you looked into making one for Subaru vehicles? Specifically 80's to early 90's models. These cars are lightweight, long-lasting and inexpensive to obtain making them excellent to tow around. More importantly, alot of these cars are 4WD. There is an increasing number of people who modify and off-road them. Very few after-market suppiers make products for these vehicles. One of the most effective modifications to these is welding the spider gears in the rearend (a "Lincoln Locker") . This modification is permanent and can have serious driveability and reliability issues when driven repeatedly on the street. An axle disconnect like you sell for similar vehicles could be used to "free up" the rearend of a modified Subaru on the street, then locked in for off-road. Myself as well as an increasing number of Subaru enthusiasts would be VERY interested in such a product.

Please give this some consideration. It would greatly and safely enhance the off-road capability of 4WD Subarus as well as making both 2WD and 4WD models able to be towed behind motorhomes.

Thank You,

I'll let you know the response.

Looks cool but price is going to be everything when it comes to purchasing these babies!

I'd bet they become price prohibitive to the average Cheap-Skate Subaru Owner. If it was more than $100.00, I'd continue to swap axles in and out.

I had an idea like that once..... I thought about somehow creating an axle that could be very easily disconnected from the diff without having to worry about taking everything apart. Maybe an axle that had a clip in the middle of it and could be removed..... DAMN it.. if only I would have patented it, I could be one rich son of a b!tch by now... lol.

If such a product becomes available for Subarus, it's mine. :grin: